Saturday, January 20, 2018

PowerA Nintendo Switch Premium Game Card Case



Nintendo Switch owners have no shortage when it comes to 3rd party accessories and supplies. While I haven't bought many things for my Switch since I grabbed it on launch day, I did recently grab this game card case as I needed something else that was portable to hold my games. I'm not familiar at all with the company that made this, PowerA, but my first impressions of this case are very positive.


PowerA made four variaties of this game card case, two for Super Mario and two for The Legend of Zelda. I opted for this Mario case. The other was a yellow question mark block. In the packaging the case felt that it had some heft to it, which was a nice change. Many of these 3rd party accessories just aren't worth their asking price. This case holds 12 Switch game cards, as well as 12 micro SD cards. I found this to be a nice touch, although I doubt I'll need the micro SD card storage.


Out of the packaging you can tell this case is quality. The red is a hard plastic that feels as if it's made of a good, sturdy plastic. The red/white circle with the classic Mario "M" has a rubbery feel to it. The whole case has some weight to it so in your hands you know that this case is built well.


The case is held closed with a buckle that snaps shut. This opens and closes good and seems to hold it firmly. I did a drop test on a carpeted flood from about 6 feet up and the case stayed closed. The inside of the case has six recessed sections on each side to hold your micro SD cards and Switch game cards. The inside had a sturdy, thick foam feel to it. While I didn't snap a picture of the case with a game card inside, I can report that it holds the cards just fine. The open area just above the game card makes it easy for you to get your finger underneath the card to pull it out, or to insert it back in.

Overall I'm very pleased with this game case. It looks great, it's easily portable and it holds a decent number of games and SD cards. It's well made and priced at $12.99 at most major retailers. If you're looking for a portable game case then you may want to consider this case.

2 comments:

  1. Cool case. Don't own a Nintendo Switch (lol... I still use my PSP), but I love me some Mario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never got into the PSP that much, but I love my Vita.

      Delete