Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Exclusive Pokemon available at McDonald's

Over this past weekend my mom brought my oldest daughter home from church and they had made their usual stop at McDonald's. I knew there was a promotion going on in the Happy Meal's for the new Peanuts movie, but I didn't know a new promo had kicked in...Pokemon.


If you choose a Happy Meal for a boy, you are treated with a small figurine and a collectible trading card game card. Both of my daughters like Pokemon, so for it to be designated as the boy toy kinda sucked (she ended up w/ a small Build-A-Bear stuffed animal). Anyhow in addition to the toys in the actual Happy Meal, I spotted on the side of the box that there was an exclusive Pokemon available via McDonald's free Wi-Fi!


This new Pokemon available via the Mystery Gift option at McDonald's is called Hoopla. An exclusive Psychic / Ghost breed. This Pokemon is compatible with Alpha Sapphire, Omega Ruby, X and Y.


My daughter's love for Pokemon kinda got me back into playing the Pokemon games. I previously owned all the previous Game Boy, Color, Advance and DS versions, but sold them off when I saw they were commanding decent money on eBay. However I bought Pokemon X needing a new game for my 3DS XL. This past Father's Day my kids gave me Omega Sapphire! 

On the way to taking my youngest daughter to school this morning, I grabbed the 3DS and decided to swing by McDonald's on the way back home to my office. I've only used the Mystery Gift option once or twice, but I was able to figure it out and now I've got a level 50 Hoopla in my group.


The base stats for Hoopla don't look to shabby. I haven't played Pokemon X or Omega Sapphire much lately so this gives me a new reason to grab the handheld and play for a little bit each evening in bed before I turn out the lights. 

This promotion appears to have just begun and I don't know how long it'll last, but you may want to grab your 3DS and head on down to your nearest McDonald's to grab this exclusive Pokemon. I may just have to pull into Mickey D's parking lot and see if I can also download Hoopla to my Pokemon X game too.

No comments:

Post a Comment