Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year everyone! While I had a good amount of time off from work to enjoy spending time with my family and time away from work...reality reared it's ugly head today and I hard to return to the "real world". While I didn't get to play as many games as I wanted to over the holidays, I did end up getting a few good things for Christmas.

All of the Disney Infinity 3.0 items (minus the Captain America set) were actually joint gifts to my girls, as was the Nintendo Amibo of Rosalina. They both really enjoy playing the Wii U and we picked these up for mega cheap at Walmart a few weeks before Christmas. I think the starter set was $8 and the individual characters were $1 each. The Inside Out set I believe was $3 or $4.

Not surprisingly my girls got me Pokemon Moon for the 3DS. I go in spurts playing Pokemon and as they get older (and thanks to Pokemon Go) they enjoy the Pokemon concept and characters more and more. I sat down to play it over the weekend while I was out of town, but my 3DS was dead. Once I get my work out of the way this week I'm going to sit down and finally experience what everyone has been talking about since it's release.


I decided to fore go the Nintendo Classic with it's horribly availability and price on the secondary market and went the Retro-Bit Generations path. With my Retro Freak recently dying on me I put this system in it's place and haven't been disappointed yet. I may do a separate post on the plug and play console in the near future, but for now I'm enjoying playing the arcade version of Knights of the Round!


My wife and I's anniversary is on New Year's Day so we skipped town for a few days and headed down to Savannah, GA to celebrate. While there I found a retro game/toy store that was pretty awesome (look for a post on that soon too) and while I was there picked up a few games that aren't pictured. I grabbed Kid Klown in Crazy Town for the SNES, a pinball game for the SNES and Qix for the original Game Boy.

The holidays were great, but I'm kind of glad they are over so I can get myself back on a regular schedule again. I still have lots of new content planned for the new year and can't wait to share it with all 2 readers of this blog! Seriously though, thanks for the support in 2016 and here's to a new year!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I received Yoda and Vader Infinity figures from my students this year. I don't play the game... but they'll look cool in my SW display.

    ReplyDelete